The ordinances governing Timbermill Wind were created by Chowan County, and will be enforced by the County as well. Timbermill Wind’s proposed project will meet and exceed all ordinance requirements. The ordinances detail setback distances, siting requirements, and other zoning considerations. Some of the key points in both ordinances include:
- 1.5 x tip height setback from non-participating property lines
- 2.5 x tip height setback from non-participating residences and occupied buildings
- 55 dBa maximum noise requirement
- Maximum of 30 hours/year of shadow flicker
- Decommissioning bond required to cover projected cost of decommissioning
You can find Chowan County's ordinance for Timbermill Wind here.